Email sub file N Da Reef.mp3

Contact Info

o Nitroneonicman

o Sid Bostwick

o nitroneonicman@gmail.com

o Your userid (number, not name) on our forums ReMix Info

o Sonic and Knuckles

o Lava Reef Zone.

o This is a very moody, or more particularly schitzophrenic peice that in which I tried to emulate the mood of not only the Lava Reef level but also the actual Sonic the Hedgehog vibe the original composers create. There's a short part in the middle where I intentionally disconnect the lead instrument from the drum track temporarily as to bridge the gap between the emotional mood and the party flavor...though I probably could have done it more artistically I ultimately just let it be. Enjoy.

http://www.zophar.net/gym/SK+SONIC3.RAR - 22 "Lava Reef Zone 1"

Intro already sounds MIDI grade with that piano, and the drum samples are just as weak. Can't even have the piano play with chords to beef things up? The timing is wonky as shit. VERY boring piano + beats stuff all the way until 1:23. Just DRAGGING the whole way through.

Some new stuff though at 1:23, though it wasn't much better. All of these sounds have no texture whatsoever. Arrangement is uncreative. Ending is non sequitur. Very very beginner-ish. Pitch your tent there.

NO

• 2 weeks later...
sequencing is epileptic.

Haha, that's not bad considering the remixer was going for "Schitzophrenic” [sic].

There are very basic sounds and processing in play here which push this mix below the bar in terms of sound quality. There is a genuine attempt to add personal creativity to the theme but at this point Sid, I don’t think you’ve had enough practice and experience to fully realize what you want to do musically. I will say that I like the beat that comes in at 0:53. With the right processing and samples that could be a hot loop.

Keep practicing, checkout that campsite that Liontamer suggested, and have fun.

NO