*NO* Super Mario 64 'Bowser's Formed a Band'

djpretzel

Email sub file Final Bowser HR Mix_0.mp3

Dear Mr. pretzel,

Please judge the attached song (sorry I couldn't host it anywhere).

My name is Iain Dawson and my ReMixer name is Jhalkompwdr. My website is

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=1086124 (I know, shoot me) and my public email address is thps56@hotmail.com I have spent ages on this, the arrangement was near impossible and NG accepted it nicely, so I thought I'd add an acoustic bit at the end and try and try to shove it up here.

On the tagging, it's all correct except the "part of a group" field (which is tagged as OCR*****): how am I to know if/when/in what order it will be published?

With lots of hope,

Jhalkompwdr.

PS. Last time I was totally ignored, I didn't even get a reply. The choon was called Hard Ice and it was an Ice Climber remix.

http://www.zophar.net/usf/sm64usf.rar - 32 "Ultimate Koopa" & 30 "Koopa's Theme"

Heh. Not a bad concept here for the final boss theme initially. Guitar needs to cut through the rest of the instrumentation more, IMO. Can't say others would necessarily feel that way. Drums are too obviously sequenced and just sound plain and robotic.

Track simply repeated itself at 1:19, which was a total letdown. Then there was an awful transition at 1:48 ("Koopa's Theme") to a bootleg/MIDI-sounding guitar/drum combo for a terrible and abrupt finish that robbed the track of anything it had going for it. Undeveloped, repetitive, disappointing.

The potential is there for improvement to be sure though, so please stick around and enhance your game by studying the ReMixing forum and asking questions, and also making use of the Works forum for futher feedback. Change your mixer name too, or at least make it "Jhalkom Powder" or something more legible.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

This sounded like a pretty cool idea. The drums and especially the cymbals are way too loud. The rhythm guitar is too loud as well, the bass as a result from that is drowning the mix as well, making it all muddy.

That jump at 1:46 as mentioned before is really bad. it just cuts out and then we jump to a little light acoustic guitar work for 20 seconds.

The potential is there. This is a pretty cool idea for a mix. But the production is really shoddy, I'd really recommend visiting around the forums and getting help on how to refine your sound, 'cause you could have some good stuff pumping out judging by the ideas in this mix.

NO

Great ideas here, very creative. Execution on the other hand damages this mix too much. No instrument stands out, and in this context that idea doesn't work at all. Everything just sounds like a mass of sounds. The lead, harmony need to be a bit more distinct. Bring the distorted guitar more forward. Work on the EQing of all the instruments to create specific spacing for them on the mix, as well as tweak the levels. Not everything has to take the centerstage.

The 1:46 as noted was really distracting. It almost sounded like you cut and pasted two wav files together with no transition? Regardless, not very pleasant there...

I also thought the arrangement was too short and unfulfilled. There was a sense of lack of follow-through and majorly underdeveloped. Keep at it, as this has very promising ideas. Hope you consider working on this more.

NO