OceansAndrew

Maklibek

Justin Vanhaverbeck

youtube.com/maklibek

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged - Fire Emblem

Name of arrangement - Maklibek "Together We Ride" Remix

Name of individual song(s) arranged - Together We Ride

One of my favorite classic tunes from a great game, decided a nice drum and bass beat with some orchestral backing would sound great!

• 1 month later...

Cool source, and I like the idea behind what you're going for here. I don't think your execution is coming across as well, however. For starters, this is quite loud, and once it hits full volume, it stays there for almost the entire song. Bringing this down a couple of notches would be a good start, and having more variation in the sound levels will help keep things more interesting. Some other production issues I noticed were the opening having a rendering glitch, and a lot of the track feels very mechanically sequenced. Working on humanizing the parts will give you some more emotion in what's going on. The sounds in general are also a bit bland overall. Personally I wasn't feeling the soundscape as is, and would like you to experiment with some other instruments to see if things will mesh together better.

The arrangement is very straightforward from the original. There is some expansion on the instruments and a bit on the drums, but it remains very close to the source and the repeat sounds almost identical to the first time through. When the piano came in at the end I was hoping that more would go on there and show some of the personalization you can add to the source; I was disappointed! More along the lines of what you started there would be a good start to adding your own voice to the melodies and getting closer to our standards. Cool Pokémon cameo, though.

There's a lot to work on here, and I hope I didn't come across as too negative. I'd start working on your arrangement to make it more your own, and move from there to the production, where you can see where you might want to add or change instruments to get different sounds out of your ideas. Use our WIP forums for some more advice. Good luck!

NO

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the sounds used were pretty good, but the track is way loud, and because it's blasting on full at all times, it is lacking exciting moments, and your drums aren't as powerful sounding as they could be. I suggest lowering the volume on all channels but the drums by 3db and seeing how that sounds. I can vaguely hear some cool effects going on, but the sheer wall of sound is preventing them from being as effective as they could be. THe piano breakdown was a nice touch, but I almost wish it went back into the hard hitting part one last time afterward.

The arrangement is way close to the source, and really could use some additional personalization. I think the WIP forum could be very helpful for you.

No, please resubmit

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so as soon as this started, I found myself turning down the volume, its a bit loud! I feel like OA and Deia really summed up this one well. The different synths were all rather similar texturally, I'd try experimenting with some different types of sounds to make your track more interesting. I did like the sounds you used however, even if they are a bit simple. I agree with OA about bringing everything down except the drums, it would sound more balanced that way.

The arrangement was a little close to the source, don't be afraid work some personalization into the track!

This needs quite a bit of work for the pass, but keep at it and you'll get there!

NO