*NO* Einhänder 'Midioker Dawn'

DragonAvenger

ReMixer name - Midioker

real name - Prefer not to say

email address - midioker@gmail.com

website - none

userid - ?

Name of game(s) arranged - Einhander (Squaresoft)

Name of arrangement - Midioker Dawn

Name of individual song(s) arranged - Dawn

Additional information: Original Composer: Kenichiro Fukui. PSOne, 1996

Link to the original soundtrack -

Your own comments about the mix - Original arrangement in honor of

source material, extending ending to crescendo. Created with Ableton

Live, VSTi's & effects.

• 2 months later...

A lot of similarities in synth design for this remix, but there are enough differences that it doesn't feel like an exact copy. There isn't a lot of melodic or hamonic expansion, but a lot of the textures are altered, and a few new things are added to make it stand out from the original.

Structure-wise it is pretty expanded, with some broken down sections and a wider view of the source track, including a pretty extended build that was well executed and led to an insane drop. I was actually disappointed that it ended the track there instead of one more go through the chorus, but i can respect the choice made.

Overall this is very competently constructed, and there is expansion, but I am having a hard time deciding if it does enough beyond the source to warrant inclusion to the site. The beats throughout are near identical, as is a lot of the treatment and soundscape, even the panning on the hi hats. The crescendo at the end it's masterfully done, but it's the only thing that really sets this apart from the original. I think it needs a lot more personalization for me to sign off on, but it is quite obvious you have the skill to make it happen if it is something you would want to do.

No, please resubmit

This is a pretty cool source, even though I only know it through Project Majestic Mix's Trance Album. Your arrangement has some personal twists and overall the arrangement is changed from the original, but it remains fairly close to the source, both sonically and in terms of the melody lines. I think Andrew hit it on the head that it's obvious that you have some talent here, but haven't honed it into our standards quite yet. Hopefully some finessing will do the trick, and I'd like to hear this again from you!

NO (resubmit, please)

• 2 weeks later...

Dawn is my favorite track from Einhander (after Thermosphere). I've listened to it at least a million times.

I agree with Deia and Andrew; this needs a lot more personalization. It sounds more like an extended mix of the game track than a remix with your own ideas added. I could see this in an Einhander remake; it's that similar.

Try to personalize a bit more; be more daring with your sound design and choices. This kind of meticulous re-creation of the source indicates a lot of talent on your part, but it's not quite what we're looking for on OC ReMix.

NO, resub