*NO* Streets of Rage 2 'Iron Plate (Bare Knuckle Expander Mix)'

djpretzel

* Contact Info

* Your ReMixer name - Sidestream

* Your real name - Archie Ang

* Your email address - arch@sidestreamnetwork.net

* Your website - http://www.sidestreamnetwork.net/

* Your userid (number, not name) on our <http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/>forums - Viper_A

* ReMix Info

* Name of game(s) ReMixed - Bare Knuckle II / Streets of Rage 2

* Name of individual song(s) ReMixed - Expander

* Additional information about game if it has not yet been added to the site, including composer, system, etc. - n/a

* Link to the original soundtrack if it is not one of the <http://www.ocremix.org/list.php?type=soundarchives&offset=0&sort=gameasc>sound

archives already available on the site - n/a

* Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

Hello. Please forgive me if I am submitting such a noobish formatish email.

I am just trying to follow the exact specifications for submissions. I've also tried to follow the ID3v2 specifications but I think I missed some.

The title of the song is "Iron Plate (Bare Knuckle Expander Mix)". Anyway...

I've been trying to make songs (house and/or trance) since 2004. I've been downloading video game music mixes since uh... remixes.overclocked.com?

2000? But yeah, it was only in 2004 that I attempted creating music. I am a trance lover and I basically did this "Expander" mix in hard trance style.

This mix was basically made with premium love for the Bare Knuckle 2 game and my beloved sport, Wushu (formerly and more popularly known as Kung Fu).

I tried to create a track that would pump me up during a "routine" or "form", video game music style.

I hope you like it. I'll be looking forward to the judges' decision. Thank you.

The actual 6MB file can be found at

The original file is in pure 192kbps bitrate. And it's a whopping 9,691,219 bytes (or 9.24MB).

-----------------------------------------------

Sidestream

www.sidestreamnetwork.net

Play Right. Act Right.

http://www.zophar.net/gym/sor2.rar - "Expander" (StreetsOfRage2-19.gym)

Larry judges in realtime:

<Liontamer> 1:13 into this SoR2 mix, and still no source tune

<Liontamer> 1:30 now

<Liontamer> 1:45

<Liontamer> getting dangerous here

<Liontamer> 2:00

<Liontamer> what the fuck is this, anyway?

<Liontamer> 2:15, still nothing

<Liontamer> 2:30

<Liontamer> I'm serious

<Liontamer> kind of alluding to something now

<Liontamer> 3:00, still nothing overt

<Liontamer> hahaha, wtf

<Liontamer> 3:15

<Liontamer> I haven't heard shit from Expander yet

<Liontamer> 3:30

<Liontamer> hahaha; 3:41, finally something I recognize, but he still hasn't used the melody

<Liontamer> 4:00

<Liontamer> This is like remixing a track on fumes

<Liontamer> Nothing even remotely Streets of Rage about this

<Liontamer> 4:45

<Liontamer> ROFL; a change up at 5:03, about 7 years too late

<Liontamer> Doesn't help that I played this game a lot growing up

<Liontamer> Very disappointing

<Liontamer> NO

Submission Instructions & Standards]In terms of arrangement - how close or distant ReMixes should be to the original - the general rule is that the ReMix should be YOURS. We don't just mean that you were involved in its creation, but that it is different enough from the original so as to readily illustrate the contributions, modifications, and enhancements you have made. In other words, don't just take the original and drop a few drum loops on top. Also, don't simply take a MIDI file and assign new instruments to the parts, or add reverb, and expect that to pass as 'yours'. When we say 'ReMix', we actually mean something closer to 're-arrangement', if that helps clarify. If you listen to most of the pieces on the site and compare them to the originals, you should get an idea of what a ReMix is. Changing a piece's genre, adding original passages, solos, harmonies, and counter-melodies, as well as altering instrumentation, dynamics, and tempo are all ways of making a ReMix your own unique creation, and are techniques best used in conjunction.

To the other extreme, the song should at least bare a recognizable resemblence to the original - don't submit a ReMix of a Britney Spears song and tell us it's Super Mario because you were playing Super Mario when you wrote it. Somewhere in there has to be some traces of videogame music that others, not just yourself, can identify.

NO Override