Demon Crest-Stage 1 remix

HoboKa

YES! Love this game. More Demon's Crest remixes please! :grin:

So I assume this is just the intro to the arrangement for now, so there isn't much substance to analyze so far, unfortunately.

However, if you decide to keep the feel of the game with the organs, I'd advise trying to make this sound less angelic and more ominous.

You could buff up the soundscape with more sinister-sounding pads, and introduce some percussive elements of the orchestral kind.

Overall, I'd recommend making things slightly more dramatic from the get go, as in bringing life and motion to the arrangement.

As it stands, the piece is relatively still, and while the original is too in some respect, this could prove to be detrimental later on.

Good luck with this one Alex. :)

YES! Love this game. More Demon's Crest remixes please! :grin:

So I assume this is just the intro to the arrangement for now, so there isn't much substance to analyze so far, unfortunately.

However, if you decide to keep the feel of the game with the organs, I'd advise trying to make this sound less angelic and more ominous.

You could buff up the soundscape with more sinister-sounding pads, and introduce some percussive elements of the orchestral kind.

Overall, I'd recommend making things slightly more dramatic from the get go, as in bringing life and motion to the arrangement.

As it stands, the piece is relatively still, and while the original is too in some respect, this could prove to be detrimental later on.

Good luck with this one Alex. :)

Thanks for the feedback Dj Mokram!

I'll probably need to take a different approach to this, as I tend to randomly cluster up my ideas, then I compile them later >< - so the next version will hopefully be more cogent and dramatic.

Also, I'm thinking that this might be a track that would benefit more with a collab - hell maybe even vocals of some sort (I swear I keep on hearing halaullia in the source tune)

The samples are ALMOST making it seem like an arrangement using the game's soundchip... I'd say try to get some much more robust samples, much much more robust. Especially for that pipe organ. Those things can fill an entire Church and I think that's the kind of scale you should be going for, rather than a small pipe-organ sound. Make it sound huge. The arrangement so far is just the organ and the strings, and the strings were also pretty inhuman. There was a bad dischord at 0:32. You've got a long way to go but I love the Demon's Crest soundtrack so I wish you the best with this endeavor, good sir.

The samples are ALMOST making it seem like an arrangement using the game's soundchip... I'd say try to get some much more robust samples, much much more robust. Especially for that pipe organ. Those things can fill an entire Church and I think that's the kind of scale you should be going for, rather than a small pipe-organ sound. Make it sound huge. The arrangement so far is just the organ and the strings, and the strings were also pretty inhuman. There was a bad dischord at 0:32. You've got a long way to go but I love the Demon's Crest soundtrack so I wish you the best with this endeavor, good sir.

Thanks for the feedback Brandon :nicework:

Um, well I did sort of pull this one outta the blue w/out much thought for production; albeit I'm surprised that the organ sample still isn't considered good enough. Goes to show how far behind I am on my sample library q.q