Kirby Gourmet Race Cover

Hi!

I recently posted a new remix/cover on my YouTube channel.

Im trying to build a solid base sound for my future covers. It would be really appreciated to have some feedback on it.

1.What do you think of the overall mixing? Is it well balanced?

2. I’m having trouble on mixing and EQing the drum. Do you 3. think I did a good job or does it need some improvements?

3. What must be worked on?

4. What is perfect?

Thank you very much!!!

I'm a big fan of metal, and I really liked this cover. Especially after the first minute. Seriously, from 1:05 to the end was some great variation. And while that first minute was still good metal (imo, at the very least), it seemed a bit more uninspired (not sure if that's quite the right word I'm looking for), especially compared to the rest of the cover. It also sounded fairly similar to the GaMetal cover of the same song, so it didn't carry the same freshness as the rest of the song did for me. If you can, see if you can add a bit more flair or personal touch to that first minute.

Once again, all that said, I thoroughly enjoyed your cover. Great job!

I've got to say that this was quite enjoyable, you managed to keep the arrangement interesting the whole way through. I'm far from experienced with metal but to me the balance was just right; it's primarily a guitar mix, so while the drums seem like a backing track I'm perfectly fine with that. If there's anything that could be improved on, I thought moments such as that in 1:33 and 1:44 didn't fit as well as the rest of the variations, I get what you were trying to do but it kind of lost the energy you'd built up until this point. I think there are (very) slight rhythm issues at 1:40 as well, though it's not very apparent.

Just wanted to say I enjoyed this! Nice arrangement dude!

As for the drum-mixing, I feel like they're being lost under all the guitars at some points in the song. It is kind of hard to bring midi drums out and make them sound good, but you could probably fiddle with the EQ and levels a bit.

1.What do you think of the overall mixing? Is it well balanced?

I'm not a master in mixing, but for some reason, I hear a lot of things at the centre. Not sure whether you did it or not, but that's just what I'm picking up.

2. I’m having trouble on mixing and EQing the drum. Do you think I did a good job or does it need some improvements?

I can't really say. Sounds fine to me. It wasn't overpowering, the chords were well heard, and the guitar melody line stood out, which is a good thing.

3. What must be worked on?

For some reason, I find the way you resolve to the C chord in the first bit of the melody very, very awkward. Also, there's a section towards 3:00 where the melody and bass line go together in almost consecutive octaves......... Ouch, to say the least.

4. What is perfect?

The section in the middle where the bass line actually plays the melody. From that point onwards, there is variation, and it's quite nice to listen to. And then, that solo. <3 Also, the piece ended very well. :)