*NO* Mystical Ninja Goeman 'Oedo Castle Modern Mix'

DragonAvenger

• 4 weeks later...

The first thing that sticks out to me here is that there is a lot of lower end muddiness that makes the basslines and later the strings to make out well. Overall the production is going to need some work to clean that up, as well as improve the sound qualities and make things sound a bit more humanistic.

The arrangement overall is short and mostly close to the source, but the section at 1:03 shows a lot of interpretation and promise, which is why I paneled this. What you did there is a good first step into getting into the right mindset for what OCR looks for in an arrangement. If you could expand on those ideas and do more like that for the rest of the arrangement you'd be on the right track.

Definitely check out some posted material and see how those artists took a source and worked with it to get some other ideas and motivation. I'd also suggest the WIP boards to get more advice on production improvements. Good luck!

NO (resubmit)

I think Deia handled this one pretty well, there is a bit of low end mud that needs to be cleaned up, and the arrangement could use some additional personalization. The more synth focused breakdown part felt good as-is, probably because of the lack of kick and bass at the same time.

The percussion felt very strong to me, and was one of my favorite parts, with good drive and interesting parts. Overall I think this is a really good start that just needs a little bit of eqing on the low end, and a touch more personalization.

No, please resubmit

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, a lot of clutter in the low-end. Take a listen to how everything clears up at 0:33 - it's because you removed all the low-end clashes with the technoz. Try to aim at getting each section to that level of clarity and balance. You should be able to cut some of the bass and kick to open up that space. I also agree that needs more development beyond what you've done, it felt short and unfinished. Try to add some more interpretive sections in order to flesh this out further.

NO (resubmit)