Dearly Beloved - Kingdom Hearts Medley (Reorchestration/Cover/Arrangement)

Pl511

At the moment I'm in the process of making of making a giant medley of all of the different 'Dearly Beloved' arrangements from each of the games. To add a little bit of a twist, I'm doing it in chronological order (Birth by Sleep - Dream Drop Distance) instead of order of release date. This is something of a Kingdom Hearts 10th Anniversary tribute, so I hope you guys enjoy it. At the moment I have only finished the first two sections (Birth by Sleep and the original Kingdom Hearts), but I'm working on Re:Chain of Memories and I've planned every other section pretty well so look forward to them coming soon. :D

stats.png

Version 1! Finally got all of this finished! :D I probably won't be making any more updates to this in the near future because of the repetitiveness, but I'm glad to have finished this and I think it turned out really well. ;D

stats.png

It's a good start, and I like it, but if you're planning on submitting it to OCRemix, you'll want to definitely add some variation and your own touch to it. This has always been one of my favorite songs, and you're definitely doing it justice so far!

Also, holy crap KH is 10 years old?

It's a good start, and I like it, but if you're planning on submitting it to OCRemix, you'll want to definitely add some variation and your own touch to it. This has always been one of my favorite songs, and you're definitely doing it justice so far!

Also, holy crap KH is 10 years old?

Thanks! And I know what you mean about the variation. I managed to do a similar thing with the Hollow Bastion theme remix a few weeks ago. Still waiting on the results for that... I'll probably finish this tribute, and then I'll make a second video where I combine each of the different ideas from all of them. And yes, it is 10 years old, and we're STILL waiting on a numbered game. XD Dream Drop Distance and Birth by Sleep were both fantastic games, though.

That reminds me. If anyone has any ideas for free harp VSTs or Flute VSTs that sound decent, that would be awesome. I've got a fairly good one for each at the moment, but there are so many incredibly horrible ones out there that I really can't sift through without completely going over my internet limits. Anybody know any good ones?

Just so we're clear on something, variation isn't ocr's only requirement, the arrangement has to be your own, too. That doesn't mean that you can't build on an existing arrangement (it's pretty difficult to make it even resemble the original if you don't), but if you wanna submit it to ocr, it's gotta be more arranged than a cover.

Good start so far. :D

When it comes to harp, you might be better off looking for any plucked string instruments that resemble the sound of a harp, and then using writing and sound design techniques to make it more harplike. The timing of the string sustains areisa big deal in how harps are played, and is how hard the strings are plucked. If you find a zither or dulcimer (or other similar instrument) soundfont with a lot of velocity layers, or can make the filter very velocity-sensitive, you should be able to pull it off.

Likewise flute, you can take a half-crap sample and just use it creatively, with filtering and modulating the amplitude (and/or _subtly_ the pitch). I do think flute instruments are easier to find than harps, but you should know that it's more the performance (or illusion thereof) than the instrument itself.

I'm really loving the way it sounds so fluid and emotional, the song really work well.

There's a bit at the end of the song where the piano almost builds up and then the song just sort of dies down. While it works, I fully expected the song to go into a more intense section before dying off, with the piano in the lead. Have you tried that at all?

I'm glad there's a few other Kingdom Hearts remixes in the works right now, because there's far too few remixes on OCR from such an amazing series!