Synthetic Orchestra Originals Volume 1

dummy

Hey guys - I spend most of my music-making-time tinkering with video game remixes and orchestrations on YouTube. I recently took some time out to collect some of my original music together and lovingly smush it into an album. I saw that you could post your original stuff in here if you've contributed to OCR, so I'd love it if anyone could take a listen to some of the tracks and let me know what they think.

It consists of thirteen songs that are predominantly Orchestral music but with little nods to other genres. You can take a listen to the album on my SoundCloud or pick up a copy from Bandcamp if you enjoy my music and want to support me. (with a few extra tracks and some wallpapers as a massive thanks).

n3s5C.jpg

Album on SoundCloud

Album on Bandcamp

Thanks in advance to anyone who checks it out and thanks so much to anyone who has bought a copy already - everyone who listens makes all the hours slugging away at the piano roll with headphones on worth it!

Thanks man! I still consider myself largely a hobbyist so 'tis an awesome honour to be on there with the likes of so many other amazing musicians and composers.

I skimmed your Zelda Title Screen video, and that was pretty awesome you had the whole gargantuan workflow set up.

I don't have an expansive orchestral library yet (just some Kontakt default VSL stuff), so I don't have much orchestral FL experience. If/When I start doing things that demand higher quality work (that'll land me as Power User, hopefully some day) then I plan to use your vids as reference to inspire a template set up, since VGM composition is one of my career ambitions.

Thanks, Neblix. I intend to do more walk-through videos, and I'm also looking to live-stream my composing process on a weekly basis (I actually did one yesterday - I'll work out some kind of schedule on my facebook page soon). Glad to hear you find it useful.

Thanks so much, Detective Tuesday! Glad you're enjoying it, and glad to hear your thoughts on the realism.

I'm a sample library developer, so a lot of the sounds I use are private recordings, or from projects I work on - this album in particular has quite a bit of Spitfire Audio and Cinesample's sounds scattered around it.

I felt like I was listening to new music for Dr Who with this, which is pretty damn cool! And of course the realism is great, production is tight.

Floating Away was probably my favourite, had this nice feel I enjoy from people like John Barry and Ennio Morricone.

I think I heard your mix here a while back and remembering the sounds were amazing. But I really like the way you compose.

• 2 weeks later...
I listened to your mix and I was so overly impressed with how you put it together! So now I finished listening to everything you've posted on your accounts and your main website...your tracks are just jam-packed with sheer magnificence!

The only other thing I can think of mentioning is that if you ever need some vocals on a project, it would be an honour for me to do something with you! The vocal stuff you've done is pretty OK and hilarious already...I'm just throwing it out there.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it and I'm glad you enjoyed!

Definitely would be cool to work with you on some kind of vocal project (I'm hopping to start a more vocally-musical album soon!)

Thanks again.