Remixer Name: WiiCube64

Email:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DAFORCEFilms?feature=mhee

ID: 32565

Game Mixed: Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Name of Song Mixed: Aquatic Ruins

Additional Info: None

Name of Mix: Smooth Ambience

Comments: I don't have much to say on this one other than Smooth Jazz... Funk... I dunno. Trumpet sampling took a little while to get in sync with the Keyboard, plus spent a long time ironing out flaws I could get to (I'm not a wizard with audio). And yes, the strings are supposed to sound muffled. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Im really liking the arrangement here in general- this is a tough piece to remix IMO, but I think you're headed in the right direction. a few production issues though; piano sounds really fake, and the sequencing is really mechanical and repetitive. the main brass lead as well - the articulations and sustain (especially that vibrato) sounds robotic, even moreso simply because that instrument is just so exposed.

the master gain is also a bit hot, and overcompressed in general, try to tone that back and eliminate unneeded EQ's on your individual instruments.

those are my main issues with this- otherwise the arrangement is nice (if a bit sparse at times), and the other instruments were serviceable, but still somewhat thinly mixed. try and see if you can humanize the sequencing a bit, and maybe experiment with some different brass and piano samples.

NO(resub)

Yikes, there's some definite clipping going on all over this track. Throw a limiter on the master track, for starters!

The vibe here is pretty cool, but halc nailed it in saying that the piano and lead brass was very stiffly sequenced and did not sound realistic enough for OCR's standards. I'd also like to add that, while the arrangement is pretty cool, you repeat the same riffs a lot and, even for a smooth jazz arrangement, there needs to be some more variety... some solos, lead changeups, or simply shortening the arrangement would all work. Right now I feel like things are just too static.

There's a lot of promise here, but this needs some refinement fore sure.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

Good votes and suggestions from Wes and Andy #3 above, so I won't rehash what's already been said here. Most of the issues do lie in production problems, like stiff sequencing, unrealistic sounding samples, etc.

I will add that there were a few odd note choices at places like 2:20, 2:41 (and each other time it repeats that particular refrain). Maybe it's a jazz thing that I'm ignorant of, so I'm not putting too much stock into it.

Good start and feel here, but there's work to be done.

No