How do I make these remixes?

Sikiduck

1. Come up with simple 4 bar phrase

2. Sidechain/key it with a pad that holds one note the entire song

3. Repeat it until society as a whole is slightly dumber.

4. Put vocals over it (optional)

But to better anwer your question check out www.cakewalk.com

To get started you'll need a PC, a Digital Audio Workstation and speakers

1. Come up with simple 4 bar phrase

2. Sidechain/key it with a pad that holds one note the entire song

3. Repeat it until society as a whole is slightly dumber.

4. Put vocals over it (optional)

But to better anwer your question check out www.cakewalk.com

To get started you'll need a PC, a Digital Audio Workstation and speakers

@Sikiduck

You can kind of disregard all of that except the last sentence.

Here's a very detailed and comprehensive guide to getting started.

There's a lot more to a good club hit that those four bars. Aside from the whole production side of it, those four bars need to be memorable, and you gotta build up to them and structure the whole track around a dynamic experience. Anyway...

I can think of three very different questions or types of questions you could be asking here.

1. The question neblix answered: "how do I make music?"

2. Specifics about these particular mixes, eg "how do I get Avicii's piano/stab sound", "which tracks are side-chained, and how much?", questions like that.

3. How do I turn originals into this kind of remixes? I'll focus on this one:

Get stems, if possible. Otherwise, get high-quality versions of the track(s) you wanna mix. Find parts of them you can use. Craft your own arrangement based on those parts, be they looped <1second-slices or 32-bar choruses. Make use of dynamics and create build-ups and breakdowns. Apply effects to alter the sound the way you want it, just know the sound you want and change what you need to. Add your own instrumentation where needed, probably starting with drums. Mix everything well. Practice for a few years. Compare your old attempts to your new ones. Decide if it's still worth pursuing. Keep working.

In other words, learn the toolbox, learn the material, learn the process, make stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys!

I have a little question.. I wonder how I make these remixes like this one for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjlwVNVrYQo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

How do I make these kind of remixes in the video above? Can I make them with dj mix board?

Hope you guys can help me.

Thanks! :)

I've kind of wondered that myself. Exactly how much crack would I have to smoke to be able to make something like that?

I think a DJ mix board just "mixes sounds" with each other. You need to plug the mix board into something to make it do anything.