The funky side of OCR?

SuperBrother

Not entirely sure if this is the right subforum for my thread but if it isn't, I'm sure it'll get moved there.

Just looking for some of the funkier ReMixers. I'm kind of a light lurker so I'm really not up on the who's who and what they do around these parts. Virt, Joshua Morse and Melody instantly come to mind but I'm sure there are others out there and it'd be cool to actually keep up with the folks that I dig. Suggestions?

I'd say if you want to get into funk, listen to some jazz and then listen to some James Brown. ^-^

Jazz is just something most everyone should at least have a respect for, honestly. It's the base of a lot of genres we know of today that sound nothing like jazz.

James Brown is pure funk. And one of the best known. But you most likely already knew that. :D

That forum looked like a good place to start, though I never read it, so I don't know how much of it I'd disagree with.

I'd say if you want to get into funk, listen to some jazz and then listen to some James Brown. ^-^

Jazz is just something most everyone should at least have a respect for, honestly. It's the base of a lot of genres we know of today that sound nothing like jazz.

James Brown is pure funk. And one of the best known. But you most likely already knew that. :D

That forum looked like a good place to start, though I never read it, so I don't know how much of it I'd disagree with.

I believe he's looking for OC ReMixes, not just regular funk.

Well, what can I say...

http://mustinenterprises.bandcamp.com

The OneUps' "Intergalactic Continuum" and "Intergalactic Redux" are deeply rooted in intergalactic funk.

Several members of the Bad Dudes (which include Joshua Morse and DiggiDis) are funkateers. Cool stuff on the Metroid album.

I love funk and soul and it peppers into all my music.

Hope you find some stuff you like.