*NO* Mega Man 3 'Blues Duet Harmony'

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/megaman3.zip - Track 19 (starts at :41)

Played this on VGF71; it's a perfectly fine cover-ish piece, but I almost don't know what to say as a judge. Right now I can't listen on any headphones, so I wish I could say some specific things about the production. But regardless, I have to invoke the Vigilante Doctrine where if something is competently performed but sounds generic and devoid of creativity, then I've got to NO.

The arrangement is so straightforward, undeveloped, and safe that this literally did nothing for me as a listener. It's good, but there's just nothing special or personalized about either the arrangement or the performance here. Sorry, Jorge. All you'd have to do is actually get interpretive here and this could be a much more enjoyable arrangement, much like your creative ideas with "Salsa Snake".

first off, the piano performance is spotty. the timing is particularly off. some measures are akwardly abbreviated in the beginning. some poor chord choices are also made, especially the major at the turnaround. (1:40)

the flute sounds terrible. the attack is too slow. also..try having some notes end before the next one begins. not many flautists can exhale continuously for 2 minutes, and even those who can don't because it sounds monotonous.

NO

oh yeah and there's no arrangement.