*NO* Sonic & Knuckles 'Sand (Original Mix)'

djpretzel

http://www.zophar.net/gym/SK+SONIC3.RAR - 20 "Sandopolis Zone 1"

Friggin' 256kbps, like that's gonna hook it up. First off...

Submission Instructions & Standards]Bitrate should be as low as possible to achieve the desired sound quality, within reason. We recommend and use the free MP3 encoder LAME. If it's a really short song, feel free to bump up the bitrate a bit, but do not exceed 192Kbps . . . if it's a realllly long song, and won't fit under 6MB, please consider cutting a shorter, alternate version. It's a bandwidth thang ^^

Aight, now the actual track. OY, that lead at :13 is just...nah. So flat and odd-sounding; terrible groove established here. Some more absolutely ugh synths come in at :54 and barely add anything to the texture. It's all gristly synths and no beef. More additions at 1:21 don't help anything. Nothing even sounds the least bit melodic here, what the fuck?

Ok, FINALLY we get something I can vaguely recognize at 1:47 (and I'm probably stretching that connection in-and-of-itself), but we're already halfway through the track. Goes right back to the original groove at 2:14.

Bleh. I dumple on this in every way. This doesn't even sound like fucking Sandopolis. :'-( Wish I had something more constructive to say, but this was just hitting me in all the wrong ways. Wish I could have dropped the form letter on this.

OH NO

• 2 weeks later...