Online Mastering for Free

I did this before going to bed yesterday, with headphones, for a joke video about stupid dance tunes that always sound the same (generic beat/sounds and cheesy generic lyrics).

Need to record the lyrics: "move, dance floor, put your hands up, extasy" but will do once it's mastered.

See what you can do. :)

http://db.tt/L5m3uqnw

who cares what he's using, if its going to sound good, it will sound good and plus its free.

I care because most people who offer mastering services have no idea what mastering is. If he is offering REAL mastering services for free then I'll definitely send my stuff to him, otherwise it's just some kid with a fancy compressor that he pirated and doesn't know how to properly use it.

I care because most people who offer mastering services have no idea what mastering is. If he is offering REAL mastering services for free then I'll definitely send my stuff to him, otherwise it's just some kid with a fancy compressor that he pirated and doesn't know how to properly use it.

Well, can't argue with that.

Maybe SapSpecial will prove other wise?

What do you master for? Red Book?

The process of mastering is supposed to result in a "master" copy from which all subsequent copies can be rendered.

That means mastering is about adjusting the final 2-channel (in our case) mix-down to sound its best on whatever the intended final media is supposed to be.

What are you mastering for?

What do you master for? Red Book?

The process of mastering is supposed to result in a "master" copy from which all subsequent copies can be rendered.

That means mastering is about adjusting the final 2-channel (in our case) mix-down to sound its best on whatever the intended final media is supposed to be.

What are you mastering for?

Exactly this.

Can you deliver a completed DDP image or CDR only?

What bit depth do you dither to?

What RMS do you aim for?

EQ and compression are only the first step in the process of mastering music. When I have to master something I usually have to rent/borrow gear or acquire studio time to do it properly, that's why I ask if this is real mastering or some dude with a pirated Waves bundle.

I'm not trying to call anyone out, I asked the OP a question.

S/he could be mastering for 192kbps MP3 for all I know.

On the last game I worked, it was an iPhone game which used a seamless mp3 system for procedural music, and I had to master for mp3 and create an mp3 file which was specially encoded so that it did not have the normal gaps.

Not a difficult process, but it was specific to my needs.

I'm not trying to call anyone out, I asked the OP a question.

S/he could be mastering for 192kbps MP3 for all I know.

I'm not saying anything, just throwing that out there.

No given examples and really bad posting mechanics; that's kinda shady if you ask me.

I mean "no examples yet, but there will be. send me your stuff and ill get back to you."? It's pretty crystal clear he's never mastered anything before. He just said it himself.

I looked you up, Saps, and... No. Half a month ago you were trying to EQ a sine and was perplexed over the mixing of a handful of artists. You are not ready to call what you do mastering.

Start posting remixes, they get you more feedback than originals. And you need feedback, and practice. If you can finish your own tracks you have something to show ppl and gain their trust and their tracks... for you to improve your craft on.

In other words, make more music, and know that it takes years to develop the ears and acquire the tools and understand the methods of both mixing and mastering. Of the ppl in this thread, I know the stuff Meteo and Snap have made, so I know what to expect if they were to master something.

Also, we don't advertise ourselves like this. Not in the R&C. Not here. If you're serious about the mastering, put it in your sig.

Closing this.