Link to the original soundtrack:http://ocremix.org/song/379

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind

it, how it was made, etc. :

The music that I am memorable as for this,

Think about the too vain miniature garden world,

I love it....

-------------

• 1 month later...

I do like the soundscape you gave this. It's very relaxing, and the flute has a good sound to it, and your synth soloing is a lot of fun. Unfortuantely, this doesn't develop once you've established your soundscape and mood, and after that the song loses it's effect. The fade-out ending comes just as I was hoping you'd expand more, and as-is feels very weak.

I think you have a really good start here, but you need to expand more on what you have, and consider making a few adjustments to your soundscape to provide more variation as things go along. I suggest using our WIP forums to get some more advice as you continue to work on this!

NO (resubmit)

Wow, this is a really pretty atmosphere you've created here. Flute sounds fantastic and I'm lovin the synth lead. Smooth strings provide the perfect backing for both.

While it does initially stick fairly close to the source melody, the flute and later lead synth begin some nice variations upon the original. I liked the idea of a duet of both leads near the end - especially as they diverge into complimentary melody lines.

Deia's has a valid point that this doesn't really develop or progress, sound-wise, for the length of the track (beyond minor changes like the drums dropping and re-entering and a change in lead sounds). While I do wish there was some more variation, the musicality of the piece is definitely there. If it was longer than just over 3 minutes, it might be more of an issue for me.

Given that this IMO is above the bar in both arrangement and production, I don't think we need to hold it back.

Yes

Lots of positives here. Soundscape is very peaceful, lead writing is quite nice, song is full. The short length of the song is appropriate for the simple concept. However, I have to side with Deia. There's not quite enough for me going on here. Even one shift, one new section would have added a lot. It's too simple, and by the end of the first listen, I felt a little bored.

I also would have liked some more vibrato on that synth lead. It's certainly well-written, but the long stretch blend together in a way that isn't great. Could see this one being a candidate for resubmit if the remixer wants to try to spice it up more.

NO (resubmit)

As much as I want to sign off on this one, I agree with the NO's on this track. Very chill soundscape, solid lead writing (the flute isn't exactly realistic but it's got an excellent, full tone to it) and the synth soloing is pretty solid. However, this feels more like a jam than an arrangement, there's very little going on in the way of dynamics or structure, which is a prerequisite for OCRemixes.

I'm keeping this either way because it's very pleasant to listen to and it'll go great on my chill playlist, but this needs just a little bit more to help push it over our bar. I hope you can send this back our way, but if not, I enjoyed listening regardless!

NO (resubmit!!)

• 1 month later...

This is very nice but does seem to get stuck in the same mood and then doesn't develop, it just jams. Nothing wrong with that, as there are some great ideas in the synth solo, but the arrangement itself needs to develop further if it is going to follow the OCR guidelines.

I think adding a second section with a slightly more sparse soundscape would be a great contrast and would help the track be even better. :-)

No, please resubmit