Chrono Trigger - World Revolution

xaero

it's been a little while since I listened to the original, but I can tell you spent some time "putting the eyebrows" on a pretty rad tune.

At the very end, I got a sorta FF Tactics vibe, which makes my head explode with possibilities.

It would be really nice to hear some phrasing in the percussion, as they are very static and distract from the other parts.

It would be really nice to hear some phrasing in the percussion, as they are very static and distract from the other parts.

I hear you loud and clear. I admit that I had been a bit sloppy with the percussion. I was able to tighten up the mix a bit as well. Here's version 2:

http://soundcloud.com/nine-ball/chrono-trigger-world-1

Tell me what you think, guys! Also, happy holidays! :)

Ahoy there Xaero,

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say World Revolution is one of my favourites. I feel there is a lot of potential to this remix!

In my opinion, one of the primary driving forces of this tune lie in the percussion. I agree with Melodious, and furthermore, I can't help but feel more emphasis is needed on it. However, v2 is definitely an improvement! So keep at it.

From 1:18 - 1:54, I really like the contrast here. It's a nice light touch on the violin with the full sound of the trumpet. Also, in comparison to pre-1:18, it adds a completely different level to the entire song. You really have something good going on here.

Keep up the good work :D

Cheers!

Daniel J Rocha

Nice work!

I like the orchestral work, although it could use more humanization in a few select parts.

As mentioned above, definitely add more phrasing to the drums (and to the arrangement in general).

Work on balancing your soundscape, because some instruments get drowned out by the rest of them during the intense sections.

I would also add more original arrangement to this, but that's just me.

Is the ending unfinished? If not, I would work on having a good coda to wrap things up.