Please help me identify this

Sullivan

Hey there guys, there is this melody, well basically 2 distinct small portions which have been haunting me for the last couple days. I am 99% sure that they are from a remix hosted on OCR, most probably something pre 2008.

I recreated one of these portions with a music program but since I am an absolute amateur at this, some notes are probably off and tempo is most definitely not accurate. It is also pretty short. I hope that it is still possible to tell where it is from.

Here you go: https://soundcloud.com/sullivansc/whatisthis

So if anyone could help me by telling me where this is from I'd be very grateful. Also, I'm sorry if this isn't the right forum for this. I wasn't sure where exactly to post this. Thank you!

Edit:

From following hints and checking out remixes I can say for sure that it isn't from any remixes for the following games:

Columns

Tetris

Thank you guys very much for your help so far! Unfortunately it is not the Columns remix. I will check out the Tetris remixes although I think that it wasn't a Tetris remix.

Edit: Okay update time. I have checked all the Tetris remixes. It's from none of those.

Maybe I should post another version with a different instrument, heh..

I actually did choose that instrument because it resembles the one I remember. But yeah, my memory is kinda fuzzy here.

I could try to recreate the other portion I remember of the track but that will be more diffifult because it is more complicated and I don't remember it well.