Email sub file Toma - Castlevania 3 A New Beginning OC ReMix.mp3

* Contact Info

o Your ReMixer name - Toma

o Your real name - Tom Miller

o Your email address - tomtomulon@msn.com

* ReMix Info

o Name of game(s) ReMixed - Castlevania 3

o Name of individual song(s) ReMixed - Beginning, a bit of Vampire Killer

o Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc. - Easily the best a cappella remix I've ever done. I apologize for attaching it to the email, but I don't have any place to upload it other than YSI and that didn't exactly work out last time.

Enjoy!

-Tom

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/castlev3.zip - Tracks 1 ("Beginning") & 11 ["Deja Vu (Vampire Killer)"]

Decent a capella stuff. Ultimately the synching of the tracks is too loose. It may be difficult for you, but there are nonetheless a lot of rough spots where the collective timing sounds too shaky. Gotta get it sounding more cohesive and in time.

Also, the structure of the beats and harmonization still leaves the track sounding very empty. It isn't until 1:36 that you had some basic but nice effects on your backing tracks that really attempted to fill out the background. Use those types of effects and techniques appropriately to beef up the rest of the voices, or work on adding more supporting vocal tracks. You also may want to double your lead the entire time, just to give it more body. Just some ideas, which you're free to take or leave.

Arrangement was alright. I'd be interested in hearing a college a capella group give this arrangement a whirl with a lot more people involved. OL ReMiX could use this. Cool shit, Tom. If you really wanted to fill this track out further and get the timing down with everything, this could be something really solid. As is though, it sounds too rough in the execution.

NO (rework/resubmit)

Yeah, the synchronization issues are kind of a problem here.. for an acapella mix to work it's gotta be tight. With a good multitrack audio editor (FLStudio is great for this) you can definitely sync up the different tracks easily. Also, playing with the mixing would help to bring out certain parts that deserve more presence than others. As is, it's hard to differentiate between the melody and the harmony. When you bring in the 'choir' at 1:36, that helps to fill things out.

This doesn't quite meet our standards in its current form. Cool concept + execution nonetheless. :)

NO

Zircon hit the nail on the head here, the sync issues really hurt this submission. I think this is too sparse generally. There's not enough supporting material. The mixing is also questionable, everything bleeds into each other, there's not much definition between the melody and harmony. For this style of music that is key. I don't think the arrangement values are generally passable. It's too straight forward in my opinion. The production and recording also need quite a bit of work.

I'd be interested in hearing a college a capella group give this arrangement a whirl with a lot more people involved.

Completely agree with Liontamer here. I second this.

Overall, it's definitely a very cool concept. But the execution and content as it is, needs quite a bit of work before it could pass. As Liontamer hinted at, there are other places where your mix might be able to get some attention at, and of course you can post it at our WIP/Completed forum, if you haven't yet.

NO