*NO* Donkey Kong 'Classic Jazz'

djpretzel

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/donkey1.zip - Track 4

A shame, as you did an admirable job expanding upon a VERY minimal source tune. I had to make sure you didn't swipe the expanded instrumentation and original writing ideas from some other Donkey Kong game in the series. Skeptical still, as I didn't bother to check VGMusic or anything, but it's a moot point anyway.

Sample quality hurts this and the production lacks sharpness/clarity via a lack of treble frequencies. Track repeats :28's section at 1:03. Gotta extend the track significantly, as 1:43-long with some sections repeating wholesale is not a significant enough arrangement effort to pass. Decent sketch of an arrangement if anything.

NO

Why does a 60s-era beach party movie rock n' roll remix have "jazz" in the title? I'm kinda confused on that.

As for the mix itself, it does well with limited source material, but there's just not enough meat on the arrangement. It's too short and says too little.

Good effort though.

And unlike Larry, I think the samples were fine (though not stellar) and were used well.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

JJT is right on the money. The first thing I thought of was the classic Gidget films/tv series when I heard this. This would be at home in one of those beach scenes. But this has nothing to do with jazz as far as I can hear either.

Samples were decent (though used very well) - production was basic, but serviceable. Borderline in this aspect though. It's ify.

I do like the arrangement a lot, but this is just too underdeveloped, repetitive and not polished enough at this point for me. Excellent ending to boot. This is really fun stuff. Very promising material here - this would really make a great candidate for you to resubmit.

NO