*NO* Mario Kart 64 'Racing on the Rainbow Road'

djpretzel

Hello, I (artist name: MSL; real name: Michael Scott Levi) have recently just discovered your site and I want to help contribute to this website by adding a recently done remix of Mario Kart 64's Rainbow Road. I have ID3 tagged the song by a program called mp3Tag Version 4.96. I hope the way I ID3 tagged is perfectly eligible for entry.

The song named, "Racing on the Rainbow Road" can be downloaded at

This one is a remix that you can probably dance to. It's more of a techno/trance remix. It has some trancy synths, piano, guitars (for that oomph) and during the break some atmospheric pads and of course the beat. Strangely, the beginning of this track pretty much sounds nothing like Rainbow Road. It's more like an intro to the intro of Rainbow Road. This started out to be an original work until I realized I can make a Rainbow Road remix out of this, and so I did, which is why it starts out like that really.

---------------------------------------------Musical Background------------------------------------------------------

If info about my musical background is necessary then this will be the following...

I've started off using eJay programs like many other artists I know around 2003. In June of 2005, I had received the wonder of the program named "FL Studio 4", earlier known as Fruityloops. Since then I've been making original tunes, one complete CD named "Reminiscing the Future" (which is an 11 song CD). I'm working on my next CD which has 3 songs complete and now I'm also dwelling in the remixing area, when I discovered your site. I thought I would contribute to your site by adding my remix of one of my favorite video game pieces out there from Rainbow Road, but of course you already know that lol.

----------------------------------------------------Final Words----------------------------------------------------------

I hope to be a great asset to your website and also hope you like my remix of such a classic song!

http://www.myspace.com/mslremixed

http://www.zophar.net/usf/MarioKart64_usf.rar - 18 "Rainbow Road"

The synths are terribly used, IMO. The track is amazingly grating and clippy. Amazingly. The arrangement is basically a mere cover and does nothing substantial with personalizing the arrangement. Might as well be a rip. Read the site guidelines that we have regarding arrangements more thoroughly at some point.

At least you did some small stuff with the arrangement at 2:11 and in the track's intro, but it was ultimately meaningless in the long run. Try mixing with headphones next time. And use the ReMixing & Works forum to avoid submitting something so problematic in the future.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

Good old boobass. Had a listen through a couple of other mixes on your site, massive overuse of default boobass settings there. Try adjusting the lower end of it up and the higher end down, gives a punchier sound.

As for the mix. Overall the sounds meld together all right, but the compression is really grating the mix right the way through, tearing sounds in the synthwork, especially in the more complex sections. Needs a lot of work just to bring it back to general standards of what's acceptably enjoyable to listen to.

NO