Metroid Prime Tallon Overworld Remix " The Chozo Savior"

Schematist

Hey this is nice!

First of all, please don't use Youtube to link to your track; it compresses the living daylights out of everything. Soundcloud is a common, good alternative. Youtube gets in the way of us judging your production!

Arrangement-wise, this seems to be fine.

Overall, you should work on "fleshing out" your instruments; all of them need humanization and some creative automation--right now they're robotic, stale, and sound like you just slapped on an instrument to a midi.

You should definitely take a second glace at the mixing. At 3:27 that new lead comes in weak, and is drowned out by the other stuff--it sounds like an important melody so it should stand out more. Don't go overboard, though.

Also everything seems to be panned too much towards the center, but that could just be because of Youtube.

Last two things: The instruments sound too generic, and they also sound too similar to the original source's instruments. While being conservative with the instrument choice isn't necessarily a bad thing, you should be making your arrangement more "you." The arrangement should take an interesting twist on the source instead of just changing up the melodies.

Otherwise, this is nice, and I hope you work on this some more! :)

Thanks for the Advice I didn't know youtube scaled down the quality of the audio :/ thanks for the heads up! Thanks for the honest opinion Kirby it always helps to hear how I can improve the quality of my projects. When you say humanization can you give me some tips on how to change that. I also see what you mean about the new lead coming in weak and staying to close to the original source. I think I need to start expressing a bit more freedom :) Thanks again !

Co-signed on Elder Kirby's comments. Also, I'm having a little trouble picking out the source. I would like to hear the ubiquitous sine melody in a less modified form. After getting to the end of the song and not hearing it I kinda felt unfulfilled, you know? For me the gold standard arrangement of this track is by Zircon and C-GPO. Listen to how they expand on the theme while still keeping it very recognizable.