Liontamer

Remixer name: Forrest

Email:

User ID: 49388

Game: Secret of Mana

Arrangement title: Elinee

Song arranged: Phoenix and a Rose

Hello there!

I found out about OCRemix from a friend and got involved in arranging a track for Balance and Ruin.

Have posted a bit and listened to lots of tracks, but as of yet I've not submitted any songs.

So, here's my first.

When I was in my early teens, I loved this song, and it stood out as one that hasn't really seen a lot of attention from remixers, maybe since it is pretty short and to the point. I opted for a sort of Thomas Newman approach with the strings and pads, and really had a great time arranging this on a day off from work early in the week. The crescendo and then the immediate quiet of this song was something that always caught my attention. It was one of the earlier SNES titles that I noticed had a strong sense of dynamics and space, which I'm still learning how to achieve in writing.

Since my website is still sort of under construction, I'm attaching the file. Thanks for reviewing it!

Can you let me know if this is too close to the original from Secret of Mana, or if it's okay to have something that's loyal and to the point, with a bit of embellishment like I did here? Criticism (or complete abject praise) is totally welcome! :)

Also, if there are tracks that are in demand that you think my style fits, I'm always up for putting something new together and maybe collaboration.

Cheers,

Forrest

Sounds cool! It's close, but it's personalized well. However, while it doesn't repeat, it's a slow-tempo piece that's essentially over & done in 90 seconds, and it isn't a fully developed arrangement. The point's debatable, but I'd argue our first Touhou ReMix by Justus Johnston really set the bar as far as creating a sub-2:00 piece that has a solid beginning, middle, and end. Select Start's Frog mix also shows you how it's done, though that's a faster tempo, so they could fit more substance into it.

BTW, 128kbps?!? This ain't 2002, son! 192kbps or VBR1. Thems the rules. :-P

Short and sweet, this is an awesome start to a concept that isn't fully realized. I don't have any doubts that you know what you're doing as far arrangement and production. If you're willing to explore this arrangement further, it would likely have a home here. Give it a shot. :-)

NO (resubmit)