The Castle Of Death - Super Mario Castle Remixes

Lucas F T

My name is Lucas and I'm here to promote my work. I am Brazilian, so forgive me any spelling error. Well, I created a remix and i post on youtube, however it was only by post and did not have many plans for it. Now, having more knowledge of things, I decided to take a "vested" in the content and i decided to disclose the remix here. The Remix name is "The Castle of Death" and there follows the video:

Well, as you can see, the remix brings several castle musics of mario games. Here are the songs present in the remix:

Super Mario World: Forest of Illusion Theme Map / Castle Theme

New Super Mario Bros. Wii: Castle Theme

Super Mario 64: Bowser Road

Mario Kart Double Dash: Bowser Castle

Mario Kart 64: Bowser Castle

Super Mario Bros 1: Castle Theme (arrangement inspired)

Would you like to rate the remix, say good and bad points. I intend to continue producing more remixes with time, who knows.

For now that's it, hope you like it and even more. = D

Wasn't really digging the flanger stuff at 0:39-0:57. Kind of a poor choice, actually, no offense.

Drums and percussion felt out of place. Tambourine acting as a hi hat was pretty grating (repetitive) and mechanical (machine-gun-like).

2:24 - Organ sounded particularly dry here to me and grating as well. Needs some room reverb.

I stopped listening at this point, even though I do like Mario. Sorry. :|

• 1 year later...

Yeah, actually this was my first remix, I did there around 2012. At the time I was very weak in this aspect of remix, and I don't make it right. Currently I already have a greater knowledge of music and I see that my first remix was more or less. Anyway, thanks for the comments and maybe i put another remix sometime :)

Yeah, actually this was my first remix, I did there around 2012. At the time I was very weak in this aspect of remix, and I don't make it right. Currently I already have a greater knowledge of music and I see that my first remix was more or less. Anyway, thanks for the comments and maybe i put another remix sometime :)

You should keep remixing. It's fun. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I like the sound of it except for the percussion.

One thing you can do is buy a shaker for like 5 bucks at the music store and mic yourself playing it instead of using samples.

If you are using samples though, using accents is important to make sure it doesn't sound like a machine playing it at exactly the same velocity or volume each time. a good way around this is to get you a MIDI keyboard (touch sensitive) and play the part, then it's guaranteed to be human. (Although it may sound bad depending on how good you are at the piano. Haha.)