Your ReMixer name: Magellanic

Your real name: Liam Charalambous

Your userid: 45748

Name of game(s) arranged: Choujin Sentai Jetman

Name of arrangement: Itsutsu no Chikara

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Area A

Composer: Hiroyuki Iwatsuki

Source:

This is a remix that was originally done at the beginning of the year. It was completed and then I never submitted because I just didn't think it met the standards for the panel. Arrangement-wise, it probably still doesn't but I've given it some love with some improved production, new drum parts and new guitar performances.

Choujin Sentai Jetman has a fantastic soundtrack and the game is actually amazing. Very addictive and good fun. More people need to try this game out, though it is understandable that they haven't as it was only released on the Famicom. The source music is very energetic and uses the NES/Famicom soundchip really well. Though the arrangement is conservative, I really tried to give it my mark with the perfomances, structure and harmonies. Its in the lovely key of Bb Minor....or something. The choice of key came about from wanting to keep the guitar within a certain register where it sounded meaty, without being muddy.

Hope you enjoy and look forward to your feedback!

Edited by djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sections of this source remind me a lot of Lufia/2. Very interesting.

I've loved watching your submissions improve over time, Liam, and this is a good example of your great performances here. The arrangement is fairly close, but you've added a lot of depth and personality to it. You've definitely "made it your own." Very enjoyable listen!

YES

• 2 weeks later...

The source usage was pretty straightforward, and there was no big need to stopwatch. Anyway, here's a conservative breakdown - :12.75-1:38, 2:04.5-2:15.5, 2:15.5-2:17, 2:49.5-3:00, 3:08.5-3:35

I'm not sure what's with all these subs lately where the mixing is not ideal, but oh well. I thought this sounded too hot, but not in a way that ruined the track. The drums here were on the weak side as well, but they were couched well in the background and didn't negatively stand out too much. Similar good placement of otherwise weak brass samples was effective to not expose the samples too drastically.

In any case, just an awesome, souped up cover of the source that really expanded upon the instrumentation nicely, giving a source tune that already had good drive a big boost of energy. Nice dropoff at 1:40. Loving the energy of the guitar work as well; this was definitely one of Liam's best, most polished performances yet, with excellent layering to give the sound of the theme tons of depth.

Wish the mixing got another pass, but what's here gets it done in spades. Nice work!

YES