*NO* Ninja Gaiden & Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Ninja Ganon' *RESUB*

DragonAvenger

RESUB 1 decision

Original decision

Ok, so, after it was rejected twice, I decided to just rebuild the entire song from the ground up. New sounds, new mixing, same basic structure. So here is my next submission attempt of Ninja Ganon.

Lots of the mixing, mastering, and composition techniques are thanks to zircon's excellent FL tutorials on his website. Just watching those has given me a huge step up in quality of my tracks.

Remix Name: Ninja Ganon

Remixer: MtM

Games: Ninja Gaiden and Ocarina of Time

Songs: Ryu's Determination (Basilisk Mine) and Gerudo Valley

http://www.mediafire.com/?em2z2ssx6m2z5l0

------------------------------

- Ninja

- Ganon Edited by Palpable
closed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gotta agree with Vig all the way. Pretty thin sounds, a bland groove, and a cookie-cutter electronic arrangement in too many places.

Rather corny boom-tss opening until :39. The countermelodic writing at :43 was way too loud and drowned out the lead, but the lead sound was pretty vanilla as well. The wubs from 1:09-1:35 weren't an inherently bad idea, but didn't mesh very well with the other instrumentation.

1:36-2:15's section ended up clicking the best as far as the sound choices and mixing/balancing of the parts. You could have something better going on with that sound palette and forgoing a lot of the other ideas.

2:28's section was another instance where the stuff around the lead was taking the focus away from the melody. 2:56's section until 3:22 turned out very cluttered as well.

Just being honest, I don't think this arrangement will be the one to get you posted, but it's definitely a cool learning experience. The combination of the two source tunes was actually really cool and surprisingly seemless in theory, but the execution turned out vanilla or messy in many places, which I'm hoping another J can further elaborate on.

Take a listen to something like DigiE's past few mixes, as they're able to make more effective, better balanced pieces with somewhat similar sounds.

That said, this is much better than your previous 2 takes on that, and easily could have made the site back in the early days. Your potential is actually pretty strong and as long as you stay dedicated, you could be coming out with some really awesome stuff. Definitely stick with it.

NO

• 1 month later...

Sorry, still not feeling this one. This is an improvement over the last version I heard, but there are still many issues. The drums were weak and repetitive, and overall the song is too predictable and sparse. At times, the writing clashes too. I really like the idea of pairing these two sources, and I think at this pace you're gonna continue to make better and better stuff, but this isn't gonna be the one that gets you there.

NO (resubmit)