email address:

userid: 45718

------------------

Submission Information

Name of game arranged: Zelda - a link to the past

Name of arrangement: the 7th maiden

Name of individual song(s) arranged:

first half - Dark World Overworld Theme ->

second half - Crystal Maiden Theme -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPfK1Uub9o0

------------------

insert text here ..... no just kidding ;) though I suck at writing texts, bios and descriptions -> hence I'm a musician not a writer

So here's another fine little mix maybe pushing the boundaries as far as being too liberal AGAIN - BUT it's got three totally awesome things

tons of reverb

simmons toms and

fm bells with 80's written allover them

+

it's Zelda

you can't go wrong with that ;)

->

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

Up to the 1 minute mark, I'm waiting for this track to pick up steam. It's got too much going on to be a really ambient track, but not enough energy to keep interesting. Breakdown at 1:30 doesn't work for this reason...there wasn't really enough energy to begin with to justify turning it all down. The energy finally shows up 30 seconds from the end.

Ultimately the track is pretty smooth and groovy..inoffensive, but there's nothing particularly grabbing my attention, nor is it quite vibey enough to succeed as wallpaper music.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I mod reviewed this one a couple of years ago, but I don't really remember it all. Let's see what we've got here...

After reading Vig's vote, I wasn't sure what to expect here, but after listening to your mix, his critiques resonate perfectly with me. I feel like this track is trying to fill a similar niche as your previous Majora's Mask submission, but the soundscape is not nearly as fleshed out and the beat doesn't seem to pack quite as much punch, either. Because of these two things, your approach just seems to fall flat.

I know you can write some killer beats that have more impact while still contributing to the "chillout" vibe, and honestly I think that's what this track needs. This would give you a more dramatic dynamic curve throughout the track, so your buildups and drops are more effective. Filling out the soundscape with some subtle ambient elements would make this more engaging, as well.

Cool ideas and sound all the way throughout, but it still has some room for improvement before reaching the bar, IMO.

NO (resubmit!)