Lufia II Battle Theme #1

Angelmei

Helloo..

Please tell me what you think about my latest remix of Lufia II Battle Theme #1 ^_^

Although it's not that different from the original (SNES) one, I like it this way because the original composition was already good from the start, I don't wanna mess with it (especially the bass part, it's 100% identical) >.<

Thank you all!

Well, it's totally fine as long as you know you're being conservative. ;D

I would encourage you to figure out a good arrangement to any sort of song where you find the arrangement is already good. No, let's put it this way. I CHALLENGE YOU.

(and, of course, try not to use generic MIDI instruments like the bass you have here).

(and, of course, try not to use generic MIDI instruments like the bass you have here).
Echo'd. The lead violin and woodwind parts could benefit a lot from better samples. There are some very good free ones out there (illustration: my PRC239 entry). And I understand wanting to pay homage to the original source and not try to improve on a good thing, but ya gotta be willing to go out on a bit of a limb. Mix it up, use both the classic bass and one or two alternatives. Also the bass solo is a bit long.

I did enjoy your riffs a lot, and the epic orchestra chords. You could do a lot more if you took this mix more in that direction.

Just out of curiosity... did you use an existing midi file from the internet as the base for this? Or did you write all of the notes yourself?

Purely based on how conservative it is combined with the sample quality (all of the midi instruments) I don't think it would fit OCR's standards, but it is a good enhanced MIDI for youtube if that's what you were going for -- I know some people who do that kind of stuff, and it can be very popular. Good luck with your endeavors! :-)

@Rockos

Thanks Rockos, I will make more game remixes ^^

@timaeus222

haha yes, I'll try.. Twin Bee maybe?

@MindWanderer

thank you... finding good free sounds for my FL Studio is always really hard.. ._.

@AngelsDen

hi there AngelsDen! I wanted to continue in my old thread but it seems already gone (automatically pruned maybe)

yeah, I tweaked the EQ, added some harmonies to the trumpet? part and modified the rhythm a bit so it feels much victory-ish than before.. hehe I'm glad you like it!

@Brandon Strader

no, I wrote all the notes by myself on FL Studio. I don't know if there is an SPC to MIDI converter somewhere? even if it does exist, it's no fun converting the notes using that.. :|

Well, my intention was trying to simulate a real Lufia game battle theme that can be used for maybe another Lufia game battle theme... (just for simulating, not hoping for anything LOL) so I did not remix it into another genre because of this..

Thank you guys for all your comments!! I really appreciate them all!