F-Zero - Mute City (Mellow Sonic Remix)

Sounds pretty sick for the most part. The drums really get to me though. I think it may be the fact that all of the snare hits up to about 2:50 are on offbeats and the beat doesn't really sit that well with me.

I like the feel you've got going on in the beginning but I think it takes way too long to get into the main melody of the song. It's neat to listen to but it kind of loses interest after a little bit...wait...

I just realized the beat you've got going in the end is practically the same as the one from the beginning. Was I hearing it an eighth beat ahead...? *goes back to listen*

...yep, I was. Disregard the initial comment about the drums. Overall, it's pretty nice. I don't think it would pass by OCR standards for the lack of source usage alone unless I'm missing something. I'm basing that on my memory of the source tune. I don't recognize anything outside of the main melody that comes in.

I've gotta run for now but that's what I've got at the moment. Keep it up, dude!

Oh there's the source. Half way through the track.

Super extended club mixes always make me zzzzzzzz

I like that degrading chip/synth sound you use @ 6:30 and other places.

Standard D&B. Nothing really pushing and groundbreaking with this. I'm assuming you didn't make this to try to get on OCR and it's more of a personal remix/something to play live.

It feels rather empty.

I found myself zoning out heavily between the 2 and 3 minute mark. Not in the good way though.

In my opinion, adding increasing melodic layers (not too many), harmonies, perhaps some effects, more variation on the drums etc. in that part specifically would really help it out. However, it should be noted that I am incredibly tired and running mostly on coffee at this point in time.

Regardless, I still enjoy the tune.

Edited by AngelCityOutlaw