Acoustics questions.

I have a question about acoustics. theoretically, would using wooden venetian blinds do any sort of diffusion if you staggered the way each slat faced throughout the length of the blind? yes it would ruin the blind, but theyre still cheaper than a real diffuser. im just worried that youd get some sort of slap back reverb because of the wood.

i have other acoustics questions, but i dont remember them at this time

I have a large window at one end of the room where my studio is. There are some blinds there from when we bought the house but I have that covered with a very thick comforter. I also have a couch that's near that window. While it's not a perfect situation, those things do help out quite a bit. Layers of dense material will help diffuse the reflections from the windowed area. It's a fairly easy and cheap solution and doesn't require modifying the area much.

I could just use a shelf. I saw an ikeahack for making bass traps out of a 24 shelving unit .

it was a thought though, i have a loft bed in my room/studio and thought of putting my vocal booth in there. and putting blinds or curtains or some sort of sound proofing around it. I assume movers blankets would be a good option for now ?