super mario RPG disco remix

Esperado

Ok so its not really traditional disco, and im not entirely sure what the genre of this is, but it makes me think of disco. so feel free to inform me where this fits genrewise! Its a goofy remix of "Hard working moles are good moles"

Im trying to audition this for the super mario rpg project so any sort of feedback is helpful! it will probably need alot of work to get up to spec for the project, but i may as well try :)

https://soundcloud.com/jesse-mitchell-3/disco-mountain-mole-mountain

thanks !

What kind of disco do/did you listen to?

I wouldn't class this as disco, but then I wouldn't really classify this as anything. It's, dare I say, too directionless to really be categorized.

Mixing is a bit of an issue in this. Everything blends in too much with each other it makes it all sound flat. Nothing has a pop or stands out and it stays this way through out the track. The transition to different sections aren't dynamic enough (0:15 for instance).

It's not terrible mind you, and I think you have enough of an arrangement to qualify, but it does need more direction, focus, and TLC.

I wouldn't say anything needs to change per say, it just doesn't really have much build up. The whole remix maintains the same energy level throughout. I don't hear any climaxes or breakdowns. I think the best thing you can do right now is to make a new section with higher energy. Make a climax first, then add in the build up to that climax. My advice is probably a bit vague, so feel free to ask me to be more specific.