"Pizzicato" (house?)

Some nice sounds you are working with. Well, not that crash. Might not be a crash actually. Whatever has that crash-like sound around 0:37 is not quite there with the rest of the mix. So anyway that crash doesn't blend is the gist of what i think i'm trying to say.

The middle reminds me of some moments in the Panzer Dragoon Saga soundtrack. It's a nice void but it could use some spacier sounding stuff. Do you have Absynth? It could also use a melody. Actually use that section as a chance to introduce a second melody, then use that second melody as a counter melody to your first one towards the end. voila, mix done. 8)

Good start!

i do have absynth, i might be the older version of it, but still absynth nontheless, ive only used it in that ff12 mix i made for a PRC a while back. Is it generally nice for spacy pad sounds?

youre talking about the crash that hits numerous times around 0:37? hmmmm would it be better to change the sample, or use a synth instead? i can experiment with a few things. better read up on countermelodies i guess!

Thanks for the listen Garpocalypse :)

I have some absynth collections that came with my budget version of Komplete Elements. They are only unalterable presets that play through Kore Player but many times I stick them in the background to make things feel bigger without them being too noticeable.

Counter melodies are easier to do than some would have you think. I remember reading books on counterpoint when I was in college and getting almost nothing from them. If you are not used to looking at music vertically (note against note from a given moment in the piece) then just loop a small section and improvise on a midi keyboard until you get something that fits with what you have.

good luck!