MegaMan Battle Network 1,2,4,5,6 - 'Let's Bust Some Viruses!' ~ Non-Medley Medley (Retro/Synthpop)

I'm not kidding you when I'm saying it's a non-medley. Well, okay, it's a medley, but without medley-itis. If you have any critiques, feel free to say stuff. Word of warning: This song is chock full of nostalgia (and instruments). You may need to listen more than once, and rewind a few times to notice everything. Curse you, sine waves. So easy to slap you in.

Oh yeah, and I didn't reference the sources. Source usage was from whatever came to mind. :)

ReMix:

MegaMan Battle Network 1,2,4,5,6 - 'Let's Bust Some Viruses!' (V1 of 3)

V3 submitted to OCR on 6/8/2013.

Sources:

MMBN1 Title Theme

MMBN2 Title Theme

MMBN4 Title Theme

MMBN5 Title Theme

MMBN5 NaviCust Theme

MMBN6 Title Theme

Source Breakdown:

0:08 - 0:45 = BN1 Title Theme (0:01 - 0:15)

0:45 - 0:47 = BN2 Title Theme (0:13 - 0:18)

0:47 - 0:59 = BN1 Title Theme (0:01 - 0:15)

1:03 - 1:34 = BN2 Title Theme (0:22 - End)

1:35 - 1:48 = BN2 Title Theme (0:26 - End)

1:52 - 2:04 = BN2 Title Theme (0:26 - End)

2:07 - 2:20 = BN1 Title Theme (0:01 - 0:15)

2:22 - 2:23 = BN2 Title Theme (0:13 - 0:18)

2:23 - 2:35 = BN5 NaviCust Theme Arpeggios (0:31 - 0:42) and BN5 Title Theme Lead (0:01 - 0:16)

2:35 - 2:40 = BN5 Title Theme (0:11 - 0:13)

2:40 - 2:56 = BN4 Title Theme (0:15 - 0:28)

2:56 - 3:12 = BN1 Title Theme (0:01 - 0:15)

3:12 - End = BN1 Title Theme (0:01 - 0:15) and BN6 Title Theme (0:01 - 0:15)

Edited by timaeus222

MOD REVIEW

Ah, workin' on breaking my personal record of most source references in a single track, eh? I like that. You've got the right idea arrangement-wise, too - make something that sounds like a song in it's own right, and not something that is laying out sources like as if to say "Hey, I've got a bunch of sources in this!!". I like. 8)

The soundscape is sexy, and it really does work, arrangement-wise. I feel, though, that the high end gets pretty crowded in this track. I mean, it's full, but it just sounds like overall the high spectrum of the song has too many sounds crowding it (the snare + tons of background instruments). You may want to look into getting some low passes on a lot of the instruments + the snare.

That's really my only gripe here, though - this song would have no issue for being a medley. I'd say clean up that high end and you'd be good to go on this one. Nice work!

That's funny, I've always thought my low end was bad. I'll take another look at the treble. I do have trouble with that sometimes. I'm also going to further inspect the bass+pad combo in the breakdown. I think the bass has too much midrange. ;)

Just curious, do you hear a very soft but weird crackling noise every time the kick hits starting at 0:16 and 0:32? I can confirm that it's definitely from the kick.

EDIT: Never mind, I got it. For some reason, my headphones were doing that... I adjusted them a little and it's fine now. I think it's from the bass rumbling my earpads while a hair was on them. :P

As for that 11-source track, lol, I remember that one. :D

(oh, and for the record, Rozo, Gario randomly came. :V)

EDIT: Adjusted treble and uploaded a new version (not in OP). Will submit later, probably Saturday.

EDIT: Submitted to OCR on 6/8/2013

Edited by timaeus222

• 4 weeks later...