Thundercats 80's Metal

So I love the remake of Thundercats and I've seen all the episodes even though it doesn't air here in Canada for another two months.

I got a hold of the incredibly shitty Nintendo DS game. It isn't really worth playing, but the music is pretty good. I figured it would be cool to make a rock version (inspired by 80s hair metal bands) of both the Stage 1 theme and the 1st boss battle. I'd post a link to those sources, but I can't find them on YouTube; I just figured them out by ear while the game was paused. It's not finished and probably never will be, but here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/angelcityoutlaw/thundercats-ds-rock-arrangment

A friend of mine says he might play the bass for realz, but that remains to be seen. Go easy on it, it's my first remix.

Nah, I'm just kidding. It ain't my first rodeo; I just suck. As video games proved though, sometimes we can feel like a guitar hero even if we really aren't. That's what this is.

Hm, well, something I can say now is that the drum kit isn't panned in a noticeable way yet. Sounds like the hi hat and ride are still center. I haven't seen an actual drum kit in a long time, but the one at my old school had a ride-and-cymbal-in-one on the right and a hi hat on the left.

Edited by timaeus222

So it's worth continuing then?

I also do have the drums panned, but not drastically. So I shall start with that.

Here's something I've learned at one point. 90% pan is pretty much the same between headphones and speakers. I often pan my cymbals 25%, rides 25%, and hi hats 12~19% whichever way.

Edited by timaeus222