Random Battle Theme - no title yet

DarkDjinn

Just joined recently and hoping to get some feedback on a RPG style random battle theme I've been working on. It's essentially done, but I'll take any comments/criticism and hopefully use that to improve it.

http://www.reverbnation.com/bradcharles/song/18190976-rpg-battle-theme

Edited by DarkDjinn
Update

The composition sounds really good to me, it's a believable random RPG battle theme. It's also not the most predictable thing, there's interesting chord changes, nice start-stops with the beat and so. If I came across this in a game, I would be considering to make an arrangement of it myself. (:

Mixing sounds a bit distant and muffled. The beginning with just the drum+bass and thin strings is not engaging. With a battle theme, you want to pull the listener in from the first second I think? Needs a rush-of-adrenaline type of a start! That's really the only thing that left something to be desired in the composition/arrangement.

Your playing sounds pretty good. I'm looking forward to your forthcoming arrangements!

--Eino

I think the guitar tone is perfect for an RPG Battle Theme. I had to write something in this style for a film I scored and I miced up my Peavey Rage 158 and played through that. My high end tube amps just didn't sound 'right' for the genre!

If I was to suggest anything (since this is a work in progress), think about adding some rhythm shots near the beginning. Listen to some Motoi Sakuraba and perhaps some Dream Theater. The Bass Bass Snare, Bass Bass Snare drum pattern gets a bit old. Just refine the drum part to add intensity. Think spice, not unnecessary complexity.

I think it's great, just trying to help ;)

Edited by Paul Levasseur