Tentative Title?

zach72

Heyo, first time posting in this board. Anyways, was working on this song a week ago or so and got kinda stuck. I didn't really to just forget about it so I was thinking I could post it here and just get some general advice and maybe some ideas.

http://snd.sc/16ktYQT

You give us the chorus/hook, now it's time for the verse.

Pull back on the energy--the drums come in at the right spot, but they've too much energy.

Here's my musical response--listen to this track, analyze it (not the words, the words are shit, they're lies)--it's got a clear 16 bar harmony that it plays for 9 minutes, everything that carries this track is progressive production and the slow layering of elements.

You give us the chorus/hook, now it's time for the verse.

Pull back on the energy--the drums come in at the right spot, but they've too much energy.

Here's my musical response--listen to this track, analyze it (not the words, the words are shit, they're lies)--it's got a clear 16 bar harmony that it plays for 9 minutes, everything that carries this track is progressive production and the slow layering of elements.

Thanks for the advice! Thanks for pointing out that the drums have too much energy - I think I've become numb to just making drums loud these days. I'll have an updated version sometime soon :).

Thanks for the advice! Thanks for pointing out that the drums have too much energy - I think I've become numb to just making drums loud these days. I'll have an updated version sometime soon :).

It's not about being loud or quiet--it's about blowing your load too early.

You have to make love to your listener, and that means some serious foreplay. Enjoy it, tease us, give us something fun, then pull back, dance, tango, etc.

The climax should feel rewarding and substantial.

When you can start to look at the overall shape of your composition, then you will know where to go next.

Isn't composers block the worst!?

First of all, the opening chords are very interesting. You also have a lot of material you can work with already so that's a huge plus. Just be aware that you have used similar material up until the point where you are stuck.

I like the pause at the spot you are stuck. I'd keep a pause there and do something new afterwords. I mean I can hear what I would put next but that comes from years of training. An idea.

----E----D------G-A-BDB-----AGE-DEGA---E-GF#DA

C-2-3-4--D--2-3-4---E-2-3-4-G-2-3----C-2-3-4-D-2-3-4

Just making stuff up on the fly.

Then you could go into something similar to the beginning again.

{edit) maybe this will be readable. This is only intended as a way to jostle your mind to get you unstuck!

Edited by Paul Levasseur
stupid thing still not lining up. FIIEEE!!!!