Tekken 3 - Gon Fishin' (With Jin)

So I had this thing kickin' around for a while, but since I regained the use of my arms I figured what the hell and added a couple new guitar parts this morning and called her a day.

Basically, for fun I made a guitar cover of Gon's theme from tekken with a few of my own parts thrown in plus 1 oz. Jin.

Source

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQZPkM4NSgc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fPQgslL5Cc

My version

https://soundcloud.com/angelcityoutlaw/tekken-3-gon-fishin

Gon is the coolest dinosaur ever. Littlefoot and Barney can suck it.

Edited by AngelCityOutlaw

Those synths that come in near the end could also be used to fill out the remix much earlier. Telephoning the guitar like you did in the intro works well enough. Enough to bring it back a few more times and have it run in the background to increase some guitar diversity. Arrangement wise you don't have to worry about using a ton of notes so try playing with the soundscape instead.

Sections like the one around 2:07 are really too empty for their own good. You have some spacing that you could use to get the energy up with another instrument if you want to do it.

More Jin! Alot more! He's my main afterall. :)

Just my 2 cents.

You're Tenchu/Streetfighter one is still awesome.

:)

Those synths that come in near the end could also be used to fill out the remix much earlier. Telephoning the guitar like you did in the intro works well enough. Enough to bring it back a few more times and have it run in the background to increase some guitar diversity. Arrangement wise you don't have to worry about using a ton of notes so try playing with the soundscape instead.

Sections like the one around 2:07 are really too empty for their own good. You have some spacing that you could use to get the energy up with another instrument if you want to do it.

More Jin! Alot more! He's my main afterall. :)

Just my 2 cents.

You're Tenchu/Streetfighter one is still awesome.

:)

Well.....now I'm going to go make an angry thread in community. That will show you, you motherfu-

Nah, just kidding. I agree with all of your points. Like I said though this was mostly for the hell of it, but who knows? Perhaps I could turn it into something moar awesome at a later time. Thanks for listening, Gar =D

Well.....now I'm going to go make an angry thread in community. That will show you, you motherfu-

That's more like it! :)

I'm sure you could turn it into something more awesome now. Not that it's awful or anything just undeveloped in a few sections. The sources don't have much in the way of recognizable melodies so you have to run with the groove a little and really cling to those small parts that seperate jin's theme from gon's. Bring in a couple of really obviously different reinterpretations of those sources then just figure out how to connect them with some original stuff.

Not easy stuff to work with so props for trying!