*NO* Star Fox 'Starwings'

Palpable

hey guys

now new uploaded ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hard to fault the production (maybe a little bassy), but this melody gets run into the ground. Try as Mellowsonic might, there's not enough variation here to keep that melody interesting for five and a half minutes. Nice production overall though, lots of elements going on and good dynamics.

NO (resubmit)

Edited by DragonAvenger
closed out

Yeah, cool production work for sure. Unfortunately, as palp said, this is really repetative. It's like you've got a solid chorus idea, then framed the whole song around builds and drops from the same sequence (I'm only about halfway through listening so far and it's already overstayed its welcome).

Don't get me wrong, it's a solid idea, but this needs to be fleshed out quite a bit more beyond the single melody idea: be it using the b section of the source, adding a bridge section, original writing, etc. Great start, cool beats, needs expansion/less repetition :).

NO resubmit, please

I think there are some more issues than just the melody being run aground, although the repetition is definitely the main factor here. The phasing on the melody feels a bit out of time with the percussion at times, and overall I felt like the soundscape was missing an element, although I can't place exactly where (maybe it could use more mids and the bass could use a bit more in the low end?). The drums could have had a bit more oomph to them; a little harder crack on the snare and the bass would give them a little more presence.

The lack of variation is definitely the main issue, but I think there are some production aspects that need to be looked at as well.

NO