*NO* Guild Wars 2 'Flurry of Snow'

DragonAvenger

Remixer Name: k-wix

userid: 2166

Game Arranged: Guild Wars 2

Arrangement Title: Flurry of Snow

Song Arranged: Fear not this night by Jeremy Soule (ft. Asja Kadric) (

)

Comments: A more electronic take on the Iconic 'Fear not this night' theme by Jeremy Soule. One of my absolute favorite tracks from Guild Wars 2. I thought the chord progression and lead would lend itself really well to this sort've an arrangement, and I had a *lot* of fun playing around with the lead in the 2nd portion of the song. It's also worth noting that the introduction is pretty orchestral, and I keep a lot of those elements throughout for a pretty interesting soundscape. In the end, it kinda reminded me of snow for some reason; thus the title.

Edited by Palpable
closed

It starts out as a pretty solid rendition of the theme, but it gradually gets more and more original sounding to me, just riffing off the chord progression.

Production is stellar and the soundscape is massive without sounding barren; great sounds chosen, and expertly handled.

I'll come back to this one, but I am currently leaning No based on the lack of dominant source. Other joojes, help me out!

No

Just PMed Dustin for an additional breakdown. We'll see what further info we get back.

EDIT: Heard back today.

Hey man,

We're checking out "Flurry of Snow" and OA was wondering about the arrangement. For him, the second half seemed to mainly be loosely based around the chord progression, and wasn't sure if there were any strong source tune connections. Could you give any sort of A-to-B breakdown on how the source tune is directly used throughout the arrangement? Thanks for any additional insight you can give!

Hey Larry, Yea - he's got it right for the most part, its just an electronic take on the original - The electronic flute parts that start up in the 2nd half are completely original parts, just seeing how far I could push the original source material. The electronic/chippy sounding lead that comes in at 2:03 is loosely based around the original lead, but I play with it so much, its pretty hard to tell. If its too different, I understand. ^_^

Edited by Liontamer
additional comments from submitter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I'll put the capping vote on this. It got way too far off the source material as it went along, though it had a good flow to it. I also thought the drums were too repetitive and weren't integrated into the soundscape well enough - it was as if they were floating on top of the other elements. I did enjoy it for what it was.

NO