*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Tired of Waiting'

djpretzel

Your ReMixer name: Koiu Lpoi

Your real name: Drew Morrison

Your email address: koiulpoi@gmail.com

Your website: http://koiulpoi.dmusic.com

Name of game(s) ReMixed: Final Fantasy 7

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: Anxious Heart

This mix is of a song in Final Fantasy 7 which I always thought needed to be so much more than it was. Playstation music just doesn't let a tune shine through to its full potential. This mix takes the song from slow piano, to sixties/seventies hard ballad guitar, to heavy metal, and to full out shredding and techno beats.

This actually started when I was simply messing around with a MIDI of the very song, and I put a guitar instead of a harp on one of the parts, and it all went from there.

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FF7_psf.rar - 104 "Anxious Heart"

Piano sample introing things was low-quality, but could have been beefed up. E-piano entering at :31 was too robotically sequenced. Same with the (ooooh, no) atrocious GM-ish electric guitar sample at :45. The arrangement so far has had nothing interpretive.

Decent sound improvement (compared to the previous stuff) at 1:13 with the change in sounds, but it wasn't by much unfortunately. Not bad for a new mixer, but still very beginner-ish. Arrangement though is still lame and uncreative, simply playing the melody on the distorted electric guitar verbatim, and by itself even from 1:35-2:21. Don't leave it like that; the track is absolutely barren. Adding other overly synthetic guitars later doesn't help.

At least you got into something more upbeat at 3:04 by adding in some stock drumloops and synth guitar licks, but it's all rather lackluster. Sorry to crap on this entirely, but I didn't have much patience for a track with little rearrangement value and crummy samples.

Despite that though, you at least show some effort to try and personalize the arrangement style, even if the results looked minimal. Lurk around the ReMixing forum to learn how to obtain better sounds and improve your craft, then post at the Works forum for fan feedback on future works before you submit them.

NO

Playstation music just doesn't let a tune shine through to its full potential.

.......umm. The samples in this remix sound either equal or worse to what i'd expect to hear on a Playstation.

The synth guitar is all kinds of awful, both in sequencing and sound quality. That plus the arrangement doesn't bring much to the table.

You can find better samples than this.

You can arrange music better than this.

NO