Your ReMixer name : Rockos

Your real name : Roch Côté

Your website : None

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums : 44017

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged : Final Fantasy IV

Name of individual song(s) arranged : Zeromus Battle

Name of the remix : La fin de Zeromus

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc. :

My friend always loved this song among all the FF series. It is his favorite. And one day, as we were doing music, he asked me: Could you remix this song?

I would really like to hear what can be done with it. But unfortunatly, nothing came out.

It took about 3-4 month before I had an Idea of what I could do. I just then opened a project and inserted some basic chiptune synth and wrote the whole song.

I found it interesting hearing this song as chiptune. I decided to keep the intro as is and add a little bit of my own! At start I was not sure about the chiptune all over dubstep but it turned out well.

I tried to do something different, like the drum patern where I roll the kick in some way. I also played with different bass sounds to have more customised synth. Oh! There is a lot of automation!

It came out like this. 3/4 dubstep and 1/4 dance.

The last part looks more like the world map song but retain the zeromus theme withing it.

So, in the end, I really loved working on this and I still improve each time I write something! Hope you guys enjoy it as much as we do!

Edited by djpretzel

Apart from some thin, wispy drum sounds that didn't change, there wasn't much to dislike here. Endless dubstep tweaks on the source material kept this an interesting listen from start to finish. It also helps that the original is so multisectional, so there is a lot of material to work with. The more straightforward 4 on the floor section was a good way to spice it up, when the approach was becoming predictable. More solid work from Roch!

YES

• 4 weeks later...
Apart from some thin, wispy drum sounds that didn't change, there wasn't much to dislike here. Endless dubstep tweaks on the source material kept this an interesting listen from start to finish. It also helps that the original is so multisectional, so there is a lot of material to work with. The more straightforward 4 on the floor section was a good way to spice it up, when the approach was becoming predictable. More solid work from Roch!

Yeah, I'm with you all the way. Good stuff except for the thin, plodding drums. Wasn't feeling the really vanilla-sounding cookie-cutter clap groove from 4:06-5:00 either. I'm holding my nose juuuust a little ( :lol: ), but I'm not making the perfect the enemy of the good. What's here mostly works, even if I would have liked to have heard it take some different directions.

YES (borderline)

Yeah, thin drum sounds. Snare feels quite boxy and mid-heavy and lacks high end, kick lacks punch, the rest of the drums are barely there. Cheesy center-panned clap. *sigh* Ok so that's out of the way.

The rest is amazing. Chiptune and epic wub work, great arrangement, really unique and varied ideas and sounds, cool glitching and plenty of source. The entire mix could use a touch more brightness. But wow, just a great mix here. Love it!

YES