Terra's Theme Jazz

Wiesty

Hey everyone!

This is a piece from a couple years back on this forum...man time flies!

This is a bit of an updated WIP. It now includes live drums/vibraphone. It's still missing some horns and a horn solo...

Production is !@#$%## #@$!@#%$ right now on the piece but it'll come along. Solo's were shortened as well.

Hope you enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/wiesty/terras-theme-jazz

Yay! Someone else who is working on Terra's theme :-D This piece sounds so chill, it's nice :) I feel like the bass might be a bit too loud in some parts... the personalization was pretty cool though! I wish I could offer better technical advice, but I'm slowly learning haha. I hope that this will sound fuller once you get some horns in there, since it does seem a bit empty from the 3:00-4:00 mark. Can't wait to hear what else you add!

Smooth as silk, man. I agree that this is pretty quiet overall, but I don't hear any real artifacts in the file that I would call strict "production errors", so I don't think you need to sweat it too much. Vibraphone work is sex, by the way.

Love it, will be awesome with some horn action in there. Nice to see you coming around to these parts again! :nicework:

This is pretty awesome - I really enjoyed it.

I agree with the panning of the bass as it is a bit weird having it mostly in one ear. The actual baseline is awesome, particularly where it steps up at 1:45. It feels like that is exactly what the track needs at that point. And that vibe solo =D

Something that didn't bother me the first time I listened but did on subsequent listens was the ride cymbal. It gets very repetitive towards the end and becomes a bit of an annoyance.

I can't wait to hear the version with the horns.