Die Welt ist Klang - Pete Namlook

Meteo Xavier

Last year I contributed a track for an enormous Pete Namlook tribute album that came about from Carpe Sonum records, which had a healthy relationship with Namlook. I didn't make the final cut as I didn't get enough votes on their voting system to make the main super album, but I did get on the Bonus Digital Download album, and I just wanted to share it with anyone here who was interested.

http://namlooktribute.bandcamp.com/track/surrender-to-the-earth-mastered

I don't make any money off this track (in fact, I performed a current indie musician cardinal sin and did it for exposure), but all money that goes from these sales go to Pete Namlook's family to help pay for his funeral costs. He died back in 2012 well before his time and I believe his family is still struggling with the loss financially and all the other ways around.

I don't know how many Pete Namlook fans we have at OCR, but I wanted to share it all the same. Thank you!

Oops, missed your post here, Kris. Thank you very kindly. This is my first published thing using Omnisphere, and I used so many synths and such to get this track to work that it was pushing my CPU to 99%. It was glitched and distorted as hell AND I MIXED IT IN THAT.

A personal crowning accomplishment I felt. Not sure if I could ever pull that off again. :P