Liontamer

Contact Information

RJ remixes

Jonathan Lemethy and Richard Földhazi

jonathan@ilproduction.se

https://soundcloud.com/rjremixes

Submission Information

Megaman 3

Yasuaki Fujita - Megaman 3 Title Screen (RJ Remix)

Megaman 3 Title Screen

Made this remix becouse we love THE BLUE BOMBER!

---------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Palpable
closed

It's a cool arrangement that would have been over the bar in ye olden days but, IMO, doesn't bring it enough for the current standards. It's not undeveloped, but it feels underdeveloped.

On a more minor thing, the clap groove (while layered) sounds super basic and doesn't fill out the soundscape. Meanwhile, the level of melodic interpretation was low and the adaptation to this genre wasn't personalized and expanded as much as it could have been.

2:10 was essentially a copy-pasta of :48, while 2:24 was essentially a copy-pasta of 1:29 only thickened a little bit. Ultimately, for a 3 minute arrangement, it felt like there wasn't enough development or evolution in the long run. It's a good cover that was somewhat personalized, just not enough to really allow it to stand apart from the original. It's still a cool piece, but there's a lot of unrealized potential.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really nice sounding track, lots of cool little details, fills, vocal fx, filtering, great sidechaining. Nice full soundscape. I like the soundchoices generally. I think the drums and percussion sound pretty good. The clap is ok but you could make it a bit snappier and add some great delays to it every so often for fun.

Larry is right, the arrangement feels underdeveloped, and this is the biggest issue holding the track back. The track is repetitive, and I understand that trance can be repetitive, but you've got a couple of sections that sound very copy/pasta. Some variation on the melody, lead timbre, backing, even the chord progressions the second time around would improve that situation, as would some additional variations in percussion and some more fun fx.

The ending is a disappointment... at 2:24 there is another buildup, and I'm expecting the track to open up super wide and just tear it up but the song just... stops...

You really do have some great sounds going and the mixing is quite good. You just need to vary the arrangement and writing so it doesn't sound so repetitive (same verses, breakdowns, and transitions). I think some kind of resolving ending would also help a lot. The intro is really unique and well written, kudos on that.

NO (resubmit)