Muffled Footsteps - Forest Theme

Pl511

Soundcloud Link |

I've been working on a series of short-ish demo-reel type tracks, and this is the first finished one of those. I recently got some new strings and I think the difference in quality has been pretty awesome to see as I redid the parts I had started with Cinematic Strings 2 (sooooo much nicer sounding than what I was using before! :D). Any feedback would seriously be appreciated!

Edited by Pl511

I gotta say that the beginning reminded me a lot of this piece:

Is it just coincidence or did this song actually inspire you?

The first positive thing I noticed was that the instruments are fitting quite good to a forest. And the strings sound nice as well. I especially like the melodical part around 1.04.

The flute at 0.27 is a little too quite though in my opinion. It should be louder because it's playing the melody but the piano is actually almost louder than the flute at this part. The transition at 2.03 felt kinda abrupt as well. Maybe inserting a part where the piano, the chimes (?) and the violin play calmer than in the part before (like in 0.39) and then fading into the piano and chimes part would make it sound smoother.

I gotta say that the beginning reminded me a lot of this piece:

Is it just coincidence or did this song actually inspire you?

The first positive thing I noticed was that the instruments are fitting quite good to a forest. And the strings sound nice as well. I especially like the melodical part around 1.04.

The flute at 0.27 is a little too quite though in my opinion. It should be louder because it's playing the melody but the piano is actually almost louder than the flute at this part. The transition at 2.03 felt kinda abrupt as well. Maybe inserting a part where the piano, the chimes (?) and the violin play calmer than in the part before (like in 0.39) and then fading into the piano and chimes part would make it sound smoother.

Thanks a lot for the critique! I've actually never heard that song before, but the resemblance is uncanny... It's actually based a little on the

, but that's kind of weird that both of those tracks sound so familiar. That bit from 1:02 was probably my favourite part to work on of the whole track, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D I'm slightly on the edge of agreeing with you about the woodwind at 0:27 - I'm happy with how I got it to sound, but I agree there could be a little more balance. I also agree with you on the ending, although I sort of like how abrupt it is at returning to the original motif.
"Fairy Forest"

That's what i hear,good music,it's innocent and soft at the same time,it sounds like something we can hear in a Seiken Densetsu game.

Thanks a lot! I aimed to give the piece that sort of feel, and I'm glad that came through!