song of storm and fire - tsubasa chronicles

This is a metal cover from an anime soundtrack, but i don't think that's so far off from the video game community.

https://soundcloud.com/christophercollins-3/song-of-storm-and-fire-april

i originally did this 2 years ago, and i just re-recorded everything with new guitars and remixed.

i used the samplemagic MAGIC AB plugin extensively on this to compare to reference tracks, namely Periphery's Racecar and Soilwork's The Windswept Mercy. using that I was able to get both the tonality of the individual tracks, as well as the balance and volume of the overall mix, a lot closer to the commercial references than I've gotten previously, although it's still a ways off from being pro. I highly suggest that plugin for everyone here. Great tool.

Nope, doesn't belong in game remixes. So I moved it. Remixes is for "post work-in-progress & completed game remixes here for feedback", whereas "originals" is for "post work-in-progress & completed originals or other non-vgm related music here for feedback".

It's not the best name for it if you have to read more than the subforum name to get what it's for, I agree.