fake funk jazz jam

Nase

Interesting instrument choices. I hear a brush kit, but the bass and the E Piano are more common in smooth jazz, yet this piece is composed in the fashion of traditional improvisational jazz from five decades ago. It creates a sort of cognitive dissonance because of the gap between the expectation and the reality, but it is in absolutely the most positive way because it comes across as wholly experimental. In sum, I feel as though I am listening to jazz being made for Streets of Rage.

Oh hai feedback. Weird!

The bass and drums used to be louder at some point, but then i dialed em back and liked the rhodes focus. It's probly a bit extreme, but eh, it'sa jaam and the EP player obviously is the band leading egomaniac :)

Interesting the instrumentation sticks out for you. It's not something i put the utmost thought into - if anything i start out with some barebone funk staples, and then the piece goes semi-jazz.

But yeah this one is about looseness. Doing weird stuff with tempo automation. I find the super loose sections quite interesting in that they sound pretty damn humanized but still have something vaguely artificial going on...maybe like a computer trying to be human rly hard but overdoing it, hehe.