*NO* Zelda 2 'Temple Gates'

djpretzel

Email sub file Beoulve_-_Zelda 2_Temple Gates.mp3

Hello!

I have been composing music in my spare time for a couple of years, and I have always made game style music. Yesterday I decided to make a remix of one of my favourite game songs of all time, the temple theme from Zelda 2. I think it turned out OK, so I decided to try submitting it to OC ReMix. I have been a follower of the site for many years, so it was about time that I posted something as well.

Unfortunatly I have no other choice than to attach the song to this email, I am sorry about that.

Info:

ReMixer name: Beoulve

e-mail: bgranli@yahoo.no

web page: http://music.download.com/beoulve

Regards,

Bjørn Granli

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/zelda2.zip - Track 8

Nothing really more than an overly conservative arrangement with decent instrumentation. Soundfield felt a little murky, but that was the least of the mix's problems.

Instrumentation did little to vary over time. Hit another chorus at 1:18 and I was hoping it would go somewhere new...

1:30, nope. Another verbatim iteration of the theme.

Finally something slightly different at 1:55 to provide some contrast. Before I could even officially bet myself that it would swing right back into the same older stuff, there it went right back into the exact same chorus at 2:21, basically rehashing everything until the end/3:31.

Will he go for the abrupt ending or the fadeout...??? Abrupt ending it was.

Cookie cutter, repetitive, uninterpretive arrangement approach; ho-hum sounds and processing.

NO

I don't think it's as uninterpretive as larry suggests, but I do agree it's way too straight-forward and conservative.

This needs more personal interpretation brought into the mix. Also the sequencing of most of the instruments need work.

I did enjoy the section at 1:55, but otherwise it goes back to the same passages as before.

There's some minor work done here, but to pass the standards bar this needs significant work.

Production in general is very basic. Basic samples, no production values, poor reverb design. etc.

Ending was a bit of a cop-out too.

Decent work. I suggest you post this in our WIP/Completed forum to get further feedback on this mix or future mixes before submitting. Keep at it.

NO