*NO* Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 'Synchronized Fusion'

djpretzel

Remixer Name: DJ SBX

E-mail Address: djsbx@hotmail.com

Userid: My account is inactive so I dont know it at the moment.

Name of game Remixed: Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 8th Mix

Name of individual song Remixed: Sync

Additional info about the game: This game is made by konami. It is the 8th game in the series of Dance Dance Revolution games.

Link to the original Soundtrack: I dont have one.

Comments: Well, I wanted to recreate sync the way I saw it. I wanted to give it that little extra umph that I think it needed, so I decided to throw in some breakbeat along with my own take on epic trance to end up with what I did. The thing that really got me to remix it was after I had listened to it after a long period of time that I hadn't heard it. Its just one of those songs that I truely enjoyed, and I wanted to do it justice in a remix. Basically I took what was so great about the original, and fused my own ideas in to it, and this is what came out.

Dance Dance Revolution 8th Mix -Extreme- - "sync(EXTREME version)"

2:09-long means this has to be REALLY good. Just an aside, the last submission we got arranging this track was horrible, BTW.

This felt like a cover-ish style arrangement of the original, only with somewhat weaker synth quality and in a slightly different electronic subgenre, whatever that may be.

The attempt is there to personalize the approach through these new sounds, but this isn't enough, and the execution is merely OK as is. Some of the denser parts were just loud and cluttered, but others may disagree.

In any case, this ended before it started. That works in DDR, it doesn't work here. Lots of wasted potential here in terms of developing new and interpretive ideas with the source material. As implied in the sub letter, it's more a remix than a ReMix, i.e. rearrangement.

NO

This really seems very close to the original overall. Most of the patterns and motifs used are similar. However your production is pretty weak. The drums aren't well-mixed, for one thing, and the groove lacks power - doesn't really seem like a dance pattern. The section at :48 is VERY messy. Too much stuff going on there, lots of reverb, lots of instruments in the same frequency range. You have to clean that up. 1:11 finds a more constant groove (though it's very generic and there's nothing interesting in the way of the snare/clap/hihat action). Past that it's basically just repetition. There's no way you can make an engaging arrangement in only 2:05 when you're repeating stuff over and over.

Needs a lot of work mainly in the production areas, but once you finish that you need to think of ways you can personalize the arrangement. NOT just in terms of sounds, but changing rhythms, tempo, melody, harmony, chords, etc. Our ReMixing forum is where to go for that.

NO